Cosmetic mesotherapy skin rejuvenation or “Mesoface” infuses the skin with potent vitamins and antioxidants to rejuvenate and revitalize it. People who have had a Mesoface describe their skin as firm, radiant, youthful and glowing.
Brightening: These injections have glutathione as an active ingredient. Glutathione is a known antioxidant. Vitamin C and glutathione are combined to give an overall lighter skin tone. The injection should be given every 1 week for 2-4 weeks. After the first set has been completed maintenance does of one or two injections per month may be continued. There are no side effects if dosages are low and regularly monitored with blood testing.This gives aglow to the face and effect remains for 3-4 months. Done with very fine needles, so practically painless.
Rejuvenation: Mesotherapy involves multiple injections with a very fine needle by a doctor.A very small amount of a blend of vitamins, amino acids and other medications is injected into each site. The actual mixture depends upon the problem being treated. The needle only enters the mesoderm or surface layer of the skin. There should be no pain but, if you wish, a local anaesthetic cream can be applied before the injections to prevent any discomfort. It total, the treatment takes no longer than 10-20 minutes. Post treatment, skin becomes soft like Baby’s skin. Effect remains for 3-4 months.
Tightening: Collagen injections and fillers are used to tighten the skin in a small area, mostly on face. Collagen is directly injected in the loose sagging skin or the crevices of the skin. It forms new collagen in the face so it gives a younger look. As we age collagen is depleted and HA is depleted. Also we lose elastin which helps maintain skin elasticity. With Meso tightening, we are able to replenish the collagen, elstin and HA, so there is skin tightening. The injected collagen and elastin instantly fills the crevices and smoothen them. The end result is such that the skin appears taut, fresh and youthful. Effect remains for 3-4 months. Done with very fine needles, so practically painless.
Mesoface’s elements include:
- Vitamins to stimulate and maintain the cellular mechanism and thus boost the production of collagen to improve skin tone and elasticity;
- Anti-oxidants to combat sun damage and free radicals;
- Micro-circulation regulators to improve blood flow to the skin to combat asphyxia resulting from pollution, smoking and/or hormonal problems to restore the natural glow of the skin;
- Mineral salts and amino acids are essential cofactors needed for proper cellular activities. They help repair dry irritated and sensitive skin and maintain normal skin turn over;
- Hyaluronic acid restores volume and moisture content of the skin resulting in a smoother, softer and firmer skin with fewer wrinkles
FAQ’s for Mesotherapy
- What is mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation?
The mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation infuses the skin with potent vitamins, micronutrients and antioxidants to rejuvenate and revitalise the skin.
- What does mesotherapy do to my skin?
The vitamins and antioxidants in the injections help to stimulate the cells to produce collagen and elastin. Those who have had this treatment describe their skin as radiant, glowing and firm.
- What is Mesotherapy for hair Restoration?
In patients having hair loss of long duration, often hair loss stops but the regrowth doesn’t start as the hair goes in refractory stage. In such a situation it is imperative to inject hair growth factors around hair follicle to provide a fertile environment for hair to grow back.
- Is mesotherapy treatment painful?
Topical numbing cream is applied to the area of treatment 1 hour before to minimise any discomfort one might have. Meso-hair doesn’t need anaesthetic cream.
- How long does the treatment take?
The procedure generally takes 30 minutes.
- Can I go back to work after the treatment?
The patient is able to return to work immediately after treatment.
- When will I see results of mesotherapy?
One can start seeing subtle changes within a fortnight of the 1st session but full results are evident after 3-4 sessions.
- When will I see benefits of mesohair?
Benefits of mesohair are seen after 3 sessions, i.e. 6 weeks.
- Can I combine mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation with other procedures?
Yes. One can discuss with the doctor who might suggest other procedures such as peels in between 2 mesotherapy sessions. This will help achieve a uniform skin tone and blemish free skin in addition to the healthy glow imparted by mesotherapy.